Academy of the Holy Angels and Compass Education have partnered to offer the brand new Digital Adaptive SAT at no cost. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure.
In addition, an at-home, computer-proctored ACT practice test is being offered; this test matches the current paper/pencil, linear version of the test.
The test results are invaluable in helping Academy of the Holy Angels students gain a better understanding of the new adaptive PSAT/SAT and the ACT.
Students are encouraged to take both assessments as they will receive an electronic, comprehensive analysis of their performance for each test, detailing individual strengths and weaknesses, and steer them in the right direction as they plan their testing for junior year.
DATE & TIME
- SAT and ACT practice tests are available for you to self-administer through our online testing platform anytime between March 27th and April 10th
Registration requests are processed each week on Friday. Students who register by Thursday of that week will be sent a detailed confirmation email with access to the testing platform. The test may be taken anytime during the open testing window.
Navigating College Admission Tests
A PRESENTATION FOR ACADEMY OF THE HOLY ANGELS
DATE & TIME
Thursday, March 21st, 7:00 PM Eastern
In Person: AHA Learning Commons
If you cannot attend for any reason, a recording will be posted below.
This presentation is hosted by the college counseling office and attendance is highly recommended. The information that will be shared is educational, and the event is not a solicitation for the presenter’s services. Please join other Academy of the Holy Angels families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing that will be useful to students and parents alike.
Learn what you need to know about the following and more:
- How to respond to the flexibility afforded by test-optional policies
- Best way to approach the SAT vs ACT decision
- Understanding the new digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing
- Finding the optimal timeline for your testing and test prep
- Scope of test prep and expectations for improvement
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dulcie graduated with BAs in Physics and Geology from Pomona College and her PhD in Geophysics from Stanford. Dulcie started at Compass as a tutor and now uses her experience to help students and families navigate the admissions testing landscape in her role as senior director. In her spare time, Dulcie likes to read all sorts of fantasy and play with her two badly behaved cats.
Each year, Dulcie and her colleagues speak at over 300 high schools and professional organizations, where they demystify the SAT and ACT and dispel anxiety about the testing process.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?