Dwight Global College Counseling Office has partnered with Compass Education to offer the brand new Digital Adaptive PSAT at no cost. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure — so students will get an early feel for what’s to come in fall 2023 and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: The formats of the Digital Adaptive PSAT and SAT are the same. If you have taken Compass’s Digital Adaptive PSAT, please inquire about taking our Digital Adaptive SAT.
DATE & TIME
- At-Home administration (available any time until December 31st 2023)
Beginning in September, the registration deadline each week is Thursday. By Friday, we will send you a detailed confirmation email; the link to take the test will be included; you can take the test anytime during the open testing window.
Navigating College Admission Tests
A PRESENTATION FOR DWIGHT GLOBAL
DATE & TIME
Thursday, October 19th, 6:00 PM Eastern on Zoom
This presentation is offered by the college counseling office. Attendance is highly recommended. The information that will be shared is educational and the event is not a solicitation for the presenter’s services. Please join other families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing that will be useful to students and parents alike.
Learn what you need to know about the following and more:
- How to respond to the flexibility afforded by test-optional policies
- Best way to approach the SAT vs ACT decision
- Understanding the new digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing
- Finding the optimal timeline for your testing and test prep
- Scope of test prep and expectations for improvement
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dulcie graduated with BAs in Physics and Geology from Pomona College and her PhD in Geophysics from Stanford. Dulcie started at Compass as a tutor and now uses her experience to help students and families navigate the admissions testing landscape in her role as senior director. In her spare time, Dulcie likes to read all sorts of fantasy and play with her two badly behaved cats.
Each year, Dulcie and her colleagues speak at over 300 high schools and professional organizations, where they demystify the SAT and ACT and dispel anxiety about the testing process.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?