Jené holds a B.A. in English Literature and Creative Writing from Colorado State University, an M.A. in English from CSULA, and is currently working towards her Ph.D. at UCLA. As a director at Compass, she enjoys helping families and tutors as they navigate successful and rewarding student programs.
Navigating College Admission Tests
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 — 6:00 PM
First Presbyterian Church, 1760 N Gower St. Los Angeles, CA 90028
The leaders at Compass Education Group are asked to speak at over 150 elite schools ever year. Join other ES-LA families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing that will be useful to students and parents alike.
Hear the latest key insights on the following and more:
- SAT or ACT: Making your best choice
- Understanding PSAT scores and what they project
- Test scores’ role and weight in college admissions
- Why colleges’ testing policies vary so widely
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing and admission
- The relevance of Subject Tests at elite colleges
- Sane and successful calendaring of testing and test prep
Torsten Sannar is the Managing Director of Compass Education Group, a provider of one-on-one tutoring for several thousand students annually around the world. Torsten is a graduate of Claremont-McKenna, where he discovered his passion for tutoring students. He also holds a Ph.D. in Theater History from UC Santa Barbara, where he continued his teaching and tutoring career. Now in his third decade in the college admission testing arena, Torsten leads Compass’ Los Angeles office and guides hundreds of individual families through the testing process.
Schedule a Consultation
After attending our presentation and/or completing a practice test, you probably have more specific questions about your admission testing plan. Contact a Compass director to get personalized insight into which test you favor (SAT or ACT), build a successful testing calendar, and determine goals for preparation.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- Should you take SAT Subject Tests?