Horace Mann has partnered with Compass Education to offer the brand new Digital Adaptive PSAT and SAT at no cost. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure.
In addition, an at-home, computer-proctored ACT practice test will be offered at no cost. This test matches the current paper/pencil, linear version of the test. The test results are invaluable in helping Horace Mann College Counselors and Compass directors craft the ideal testing and tutoring plan for each student.
DATE & TIME
- The at-home, computer-proctored ACT practice test (linear, mirrors paper/pencil version) – available anytime between April 13-14
- The at-home, digital adaptive SAT Practice Test – available anytime between May 4-5
- The at-home, digital adaptive PSAT Practice Test – available anytime between May 1-31
The registration deadline each week is Thursday. By Friday, we will send you a detailed confirmation email; the link to take the test will be included; you can take the test anytime during the open testing window.
Navigating College Admission Tests
A PRESENTATION FOR FAMILIES OF HORACE MANN
DATE & TIME
Tuesday, November 14th at 6:30PM Eastern
In-Person: The Gross Theater on the Horace Mann Campus
This presentation is hosted by the college counseling office and attendance is highly recommended. The information that will be shared is educational and the event is not a solicitation for the presenter’s services. Please join other Horace Mann families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing.
Learn what you need to know about the following and more:
- How to respond to the flexibility afforded by test-optional policies
- Best way to approach the SAT vs ACT decision
- Understanding the new digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing
- Finding the optimal timeline for your testing and test prep
- Scope of test prep and expectations for improvement
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Adam Ingersoll is the co-founder of Compass Education Group, a provider of test prep and academic tutoring for thousands of students annually around the world. Adam has worked in college admission testing and educational services since 1994 and he is recognized as a leading voice on standardized testing. He is a frequently booked speaker at schools and conferences, and he has provided training on test use and interpretation for university admission offices, including Caltech, Rochester, and USC.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?