Compass Education Group is a leading provider of tutoring for college admission tests. Pope John Paul II High School (JP2) has partnered with Compass to provide on-campus resources and advising to families.
On Wednesday, October 18th, JP2 families are invited to attend a presentation by Compass’ Senior Director, Matty Steiner, to learn about the use of standardized tests in the admission process, the current landscape of testing policies, and practical guidance for exam timing and preparation.
“Compass has been an invaluable resource for us for over a decade. Their approach to testing is smart and reasonable. The programs they provide for our families are of the highest quality.”Laura Hotchkiss, Director of Upper SchoolMarlborough School
“Compass is in a class of its own. They help us keep student health and wellness at the center of our program. I am flooded with overtures from test prep companies, but I always come back to the team at Compass.”Canh Oxelson, Director of College CounselingHorace Mann School
Navigating College Admission Tests
A WEBINAR FOR POPE PREP FAMILIES
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, October 18th, 6:00 p.m. Central
Last spring, College Board announced a sweeping overhaul to the SAT suite of assessments. Starting in the fall of 2023, paper-based administrations of the PSAT will be completely replaced by an adaptive, computer-based format. The SAT will follow suit in early 2024.
The introduction of a digital assessment comes at a pivotal moment in today’s admission context, where colleges are actively interrogating the value of standardized testing in students’ applications. And while many schools have retained test optional policies in the wake of the pandemic, admission offices have demonstrated varying preferences for test scores.
Hear from the experts at Compass Education Group as they lead a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of the future of college admission testing.
Presentation topics will include:
- The evolving role of test scores in specific contexts
- Making sense of the subtlety and variety of testing policies
- Fresh admissions data from test score submitters and non-submitters
- Making an informed choice between the ACT and SAT
- The specs and design of the digital, adaptive PSAT & SAT
- Optimal timing and smart approaches to test preparation and testing
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Matty is a Senior Director at Compass Education Group, a provider of one-on-one online test preparation and tutoring that works with thousands of students nationwide. Prior to joining Compass, Matty obtained their MA from the University of Chicago and a BA from UC Santa Cruz. They have over thirteen years of experience in the testing industry and are regularly invited by counseling and admission professionals to explain the latest updates to the testing landscape. Each year, Matty and their colleagues speak at over 300 high schools and professional organizations.
What To Do Next
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Prep App
You can download Compass’ new app by searching for “Compass Prep” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or by using the links below. With the Compass Prep app, you can:
- View a personalized college test preparation timeline
- Gain insight into which tests make you more competitive
- Request a free practice test and evaluation
- Take advantage of the many free resources Compass has to offer!