DATE & TIME
Thursday, November 17th, 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT
This presentation is offered by the college counseling offices and attendance is highly recommended. The information that will be shared is educational and the event is not a solicitation for the presenter’s services. Please join other families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing that will be useful to students and parents alike.
Hear the latest key insights on the following and more:
- The evolving role of test scores in specific contexts
- Making sense of the subtlety and variety of testing policies
- Fresh admissions data from test score submitters and non-submitters
- Making an informed choice between the ACT and SAT
- The diagnostic value of the PSAT and other practice tests
- Optimal timing and smart approaches to test preparation and testing
- A close look at the Digital SAT and what the changes mean for students
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Torsten Sannar is the Managing Director of Compass Education Group, a provider of one-on-one tutoring for several thousand students annually around the world. Torsten is a graduate of Claremont-McKenna, where he discovered his passion for tutoring students. He also holds a Ph.D. in Theater History from UC Santa Barbara, where he continued his teaching and tutoring career. Now in his third decade in the college admission testing arena, Torsten leads Compass’ Los Angeles office and guides hundreds of individual families through the testing process. He is here to share insights on how to help students (and parents!) successfully navigate the testing requirements of college admission.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?