Lick-Wilmerding’s College Counseling Office and and Compass Education have partnered to offer an on-campus, paper/pencil, ACT practice test (linear, non-adaptive) and the brand new Digital Adaptive SAT at no cost. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure. The test results are invaluable in helping the Lick-Wilmerding college counselors and Compass directors craft the ideal testing and tutoring plan for each junior.
THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, JANUARY 16TH AT 12:00 PM PACIFIC.
DATE & TIME
Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 9:00 AM (PST)
- Lick-Wilmerding Campus
Room assignments will be announced closer to test day.
Navigating College Admission Tests
A PRESENTATION FOR FAMILIES OF LICK-WILMERDING
DATE & TIME
Monday, December 4th at 11:30AM Pacific on Zoom
This presentation was hosted by the college counseling office. The information shared was educational and the event was not a solicitation for the presenter’s services.
Agenda items included:
- How to respond to the flexibility afforded by test-optional policies
- Best way to approach the SAT vs ACT decision
- Understanding the new digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing
- Finding the optimal timeline for your testing and test prep
- Scope of test prep and expectations for improvement
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Adam Ingersoll is the co-founder of Compass Education Group, a provider of test prep and academic tutoring for thousands of students annually around the world. Adam has worked in college admission testing and educational services since 1994 and he is recognized as a leading voice on standardized testing. He is a frequently booked speaker at schools and conferences, and he has provided training on test use and interpretation for university admission offices, including Caltech, Rochester, and USC.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?