Marlborough School has partnered with Compass Education to offer the brand new Digital Adaptive PSAT at no cost. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure — so students will get an early feel for what’s to come in fall 2023 and beyond.
In addition, an at-home, computer-proctored ACT practice test will be offered at no cost. This test matches the current paper/pencil, linear version of the test. The test results are invaluable in helping Marlborough School College Counselors and Compass directors craft the ideal testing and tutoring plan for each student.
Many students will attempt both tests in order to be thorough in their planning. We recommend prioritizing the Digital Adaptive PSAT (the least familiar to students), then the linear ACT (a popular choice due to perceived stability in this transition year to a new SAT). The linear SAT (not offered here) is the least relevant to most students as it will be offered for the last time in December 2023.
DATE & TIME
- Digital Adaptive PSAT: At-Home administration (available anytime on Saturday, October 7th)
- ACT (linear, mirrors paper/pencil version): At-Home administration (available anytime between Saturday, November 4th, to Sunday, November 12th)
The registration deadline each week is Thursday. By Friday, we will send you a detailed confirmation email; the link to take the test will be included; you can take the test anytime during the open testing window.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?