The Palos Verdes High School College Career Center has partnered with Compass Education to offer at-home, computer-proctored Digital Adaptive SAT and ACT practice tests at no cost through Compass’ Online Testing Center. While the Digital Adaptive SAT will give students the opportunity to experience the new format of the test, the computer-proctored ACT practice test matches the current paper/pencil, linear version of the test.
These practice tests provide our students with just that… practice before taking a college entrance exam!
The test results are invaluable in helping students and their families understand which test might suit the student best and as well assist in determining whether or not to pursue any standardized testing at all! For those wishing to pursue standardized testing after careful consideration of practice test results and consultation with counseling staff, these practice tests can provide an opportunity to determine an ideal testing and tutoring plan if desired for your student.
Many sophomores and juniors will attempt both tests in order to be thorough in their planning. We recommend prioritizing the Digital Adaptive SAT (the least familiar to students), then the linear ACT (a popular choice due to perceived stability in this transition year to a new SAT).
DATE & TIME
- At-Home Online Testing Center ACT – available anytime between February 2-4 (linear, mirrors paper/pencil version) – AVAILABLE TO ALL GRADES
- At-Home Online Testing Center SAT – available anytime between Feb. 23-25 (linear, mirrors paper/pencil version) – AVAILABLE TO ALL GRADES
Deadline to REGISTER is one week before the administration!
We will send you a detailed confirmation email soon after registering; the link to take the test will be included. You can take the test anytime during the open testing window.
Schedule a Consultation
After attending our presentation and/or completing a practice test, you probably have more specific questions about your admission testing plan. Contact a Compass director to get personalized insight into which test you favor (SAT or ACT), build a successful testing calendar, and determine goals for preparation.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?