Compass Education Group is a leading provider of tutoring for college admission tests. St. Catherine’s has partnered with Compass to provide on-campus resources and advising to families.
On Saturday, September 15th, St. Catherine’s families are invited to attend a presentation by Compass’ Senior Director, Matt Steiner, to learn about the use of standardized tests in the admission process, the current landscape of testing policies, and practical guidance for exam timing and preparation.
“Compass has been an invaluable resource for us for over a decade. Their approach to testing is smart and reasonable. The programs they provide for our families are of the highest quality.”Laura Hotchkiss, Director of Upper SchoolMarlborough School
“Compass is in a class of its own. They help us keep student health and wellness at the center of our program. I am flooded with overtures from test prep companies, but I always come back to the team at Compass.”Canh Oxelson, Director of College CounselingHorace Mann School
Navigating College Admission Tests
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2019 — 3:45 PM
The leaders at Compass Education Group are asked to speak at over 150 elite schools every year. Join other St. Catherine’s families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing that will be useful to students and parents alike.
Hear the latest key insights on the following and more:
- SAT or ACT: Making your best choice
- Understanding PSAT scores and what they project
- Test scores’ role and weight in college admissions
- Why colleges’ testing policies vary so widely
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing and admission
- The relevance of Subject Tests at elite colleges
- Sane and successful calendaring of testing and test prep
Professionally, Matt has a decade of experience in the field of test preparation, having worked as an instructor, consultant, and keynote speaker on the topic of admission testing. Matt and his colleagues at Compass are invited to speak at over 150 high schools and professional organizations each year, where they demystify college admission tests and allay anxiety about the testing process. Currently, Matt teaches graduate-level courses on admission testing for the counselor certificate programs at UC San Diego, UC Irvine, and UCLA.
What To Do Next
Download the latest version of
The Compass Guide to
College Admission Testing
- How important are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- What does ‘test optional’ really mean?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- How strong are your PSAT scores?
- Should you take SAT Subject Tests?
Schedule your testing consultation with a Compass director
Compass directors are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They will personally lead every aspect of your experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing oversight.
The Compass Prep App
You can download Compass’ new app by searching for “Compass Prep” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or by using the links below. With the Compass Prep app, you can:
- View a personalized college test preparation timeline
- Gain insight into which tests make you more competitive
- Request a free practice test and evaluation
- Take advantage of the many free resources Compass has to offer!