St. Xavier and Compass Education Group have partnered to offer an at-home, computer-proctored ACT practice test for sophomores at no cost. This test matches the current paper/pencil, linear version of the test. The test results are invaluable in helping St. Xavier College Counselors and Compass directors craft the ideal testing and tutoring plan for each student.
DATE & TIME
- The at-home, computer-proctored ACT practice test is available anytime between March 16th and March 24th
The registration deadline is Monday March 11th at 5pm
Navigating College Admission Tests
A Presentation for St. Xavier’s Class of 2025 and 2026
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, January 17th at 6:00 p.m. Eastern
If you were unable to participate in the live webinar, a recording has been posted below.
Interested in learning usable information about standardized testing and college admissions? Many St. X sophomores and juniors took an optional practice ACT last month. Your next step is to learn how to use your results to plan for efficient, effective testing. The Class of 2025 and 2026 are experiencing the biggest change to the SAT in a century with the digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT. Hear from the experts at Compass Education Group as they lead a pragmatic discussion of how to navigate this change. Presentation topics will include:
- The adaptive design of the Digital PSAT & SAT
- Insight into how colleges are reacting to the Digital SAT
- The value of the Digital PSAT for diagnostic and National Merit purposes
- Fresh admissions data from test score submitters and non-submitters
- The evolving role of AP grades and exam scores
- Making an informed choice between the ACT and SAT
- How to build a successful prep timeline
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Eric Anderson, Senior Director (he/him)
Eric grew up in Chicagoland and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from University of Illinois, where he was a Rhodes Scholarship campus nominee and captain of the nationally-ranked Illini Handball team. After college, he worked for the Discovery Channel, MTV Networks, Sony Pictures, and YouTube. Between film gigs, Eric joined Compass’s Southern California team as an ACT and SAT math tutor. He enjoyed the rigor and effectiveness of the one-on-one tutoring experience so much that he made it his mission to bring Compass back to the Midwest. In 2019, Eric launched Compass Midwest out of Chicago. Today, Eric mentors dozens of tutors and guides hundreds of families each year through the college admission testing process. He’s excited to be back at Cranbrook for an annual update to the admission testing landscape!
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?