Viewpoint College Counseling Office and Compass Education Group are providing practice test opportunities at no cost for all students in the class of 2025. The highly detailed reporting (see sample here) that you and the counseling office will receive is invaluable in helping each student craft their ideal testing plan.
In addition to the current ACT and SAT in their linear static form, students will have the option to try a practice test for the brand new Digital Adaptive P/SAT. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure — so students will get an early feel for what’s to come in fall 2023 and beyond.
Many students will attempt all three tests in order to be thorough in their planning. We recommend prioritizing the digital P/SAT (the least familiar to students), then the linear ACT (a popular choice due to perceived stability in this transition year to a new SAT), and finally the linear SAT (least relevant to most students as it will be offered for the last time in December 2023).
DATE & TIME
- ACT/SAT (linear) and P/SAT (adaptive) available anytime on Friday, August 18th.
- ACT (linear) and SAT (adaptive) available anytime between Saturday, October 7th, and Sunday, October 8th.
- ACT (linear) and SAT (adaptive) available anytime between Saturday, November 4th, and Sunday, November 5th.
The registration deadline each week is Thursday. By Friday, we will send you a detailed confirmation email. The link to take the test will be included and you can take the test anytime during the open testing window.
Navigating College Admissions Tests
A PRESENTATION FOR VIEWPOINT HIGH SCHOOL FAMILIES
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, September 13th, 2023 at 7:00 PM
If you were unable to attend the live webinar, a recording has been posted below.
This presentation is offered by the college counseling office. Attendance is highly recommended. The information that will be shared is educational and the event is not a solicitation for the presenter’s services. Please join other families for a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing that will be useful to students and parents alike. Receive useful guidance on the following and more:
- How to respond to the flexibility afforded by test-optional policies
- Best way to approach the SAT vs ACT decision
- Understanding the new digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing
- Finding the optimal timeline for your testing and test prep
- Scope of test prep and expectations for improvement
Jon began his test prep career in 2002. He holds a Master of Music degree from CSU, Los Angeles, where he was also a professor. Prior to joining Compass, Jon spent five years overseeing tutors for the Guardian Scholars Program at LA City College, supporting current and former foster youth.
Test Prep Classes
Live Online Test Prep Classes for Viewpoint Students
PSAT, SAT, & ACT
Compass Education Group invites Viewpoint 10th, 11th, and 12th graders to participate in one of our comprehensive PSAT, SAT, or ACT prep classes. Classes are deliberately capped at 15 students and include 10 or 20 hours of small group instruction and 5 full-length practice tests.
Viewpoint students will receive 10% off with promo code: Patriot Pete
Ready to Learn More?
- 10 or 20 hours of live instruction
- 5 practice tests with advanced score reports
- Instructor office hours
- Compass’ SAT or ACT coursebook
- Homework sets designed to reinforce in-class learning
- Recordings of class sessions available to review whenever needed
- The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
- Maximum class size: 15 students
- Discounts on supplemental 1-on-1 tutoring (optional)
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?