Sage Hill and Compass Education have partnered to offer the brand new digital adaptive SAT at no cost. This new test (learn all about it here) mimics the computer-based test — question type, content, timing, duration, and adaptive structure. The test results are invaluable in helping the Sage Hill college counselors and Compass directors craft the ideal testing and tutoring plan for each student.
DATE & TIME
- The at-home, digital adaptive SAT practice test is available anytime between June 1-16.
The registration deadline each week is Thursday. By Friday, we will send you a detailed confirmation email; the link to take the test will be included; you can take the test anytime during the open testing window.
Navigating College Admission Tests
A PRESENTATION FOR SAGE HILL SCHOOL
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 at 6:30pm Pacific
Are you interested in learning practical, usable information about standardized testing and college admissions?
In response to the pandemic, colleges have radically adjusted their admission testing policies. Hear from the experts at Compass Education Group and the counselors at Sage Hill as they lead a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing and the outcomes and unpredicted “silver linings” of the test optional movement.
The presenters will share their observations of how students are using their newfound agency — if/when to test, if/when to submit scores — as they redefine their relationship with the ACT, P/SAT, and AP Exams.
Other topics include:
- SAT or ACT: Making your best choice
- Understanding the new digital, adaptive PSAT and SAT
- The role and weight of ACT/SAT and AP Exam scores
- Understanding PSAT scores and what they project
- Why colleges’ testing policies vary so widely
- Debunking pervasive myths about testing and admission
- Sane and successful calendaring of testing and test prep
- Best practices for exam selection (SAT or ACT), preparation, and calendaring
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Torsten Sannar is the Managing Director of Compass Education Group, a provider of one-on-one tutoring and test prep classes for several thousand students annually around the world. Torsten is a graduate of Claremont-McKenna, where he discovered his passion for tutoring students. He also holds a Ph.D. in Theater History from UC Santa Barbara, where he continued his teaching and tutoring career. Now in his third decade in the college admission testing arena, Torsten leads Compass’ Los Angeles office and guides hundreds of families and school communities through the testing process. He is here to share insights on how to help students (and parents!) successfully navigate the testing requirements of college admission.
Schedule a consultation with a Compass Director
The members of our management team are leading experts in the field of admission testing. They personally lead every aspect of each student’s experience with Compass, including program recommendations, tutor selection, and ongoing guidance. We welcome you to schedule a call with us to review your student’s practice test results and collaborate on a strategy for how best to proceed.
The Compass Resource Center
Download the latest version of…
The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing
…in our comprehensive Resource Center. Get answers to the most important questions, including:
- How competitive are your test scores?
- What is the most effective calendar for testing?
- How do the SAT and ACT compare?
- What are the implications of ‘test optional’ policies?
- How do you interpret PSAT scores?
- What do I need to know about the new digital adaptive SAT?